When I started this endeavor, I did not know where the journey would take me. After a few years of exploring the world, Mountain Monkey Company was born. I believe that some personal goals should take many years to complete. Whether a series of mountain expeditions or professional achievements, the journey and completion of these accomplishments needs to be cherished!
My quest is to stand on top of the highest peak in each of the Seven Continents. Summiting all “Seven Summits” is regarded as a mountaineering challenge and exploration accomplishment. They include: Everest, Aconcagua, Denali, Kilimanjaro, Elbrus, Kosciuszko, and Vinson.
Climbing the North Cascades seemed to quench my mountaineering spirit when living in Washington State even with a vision of the Seven Summits. Only until I arrived in sunny California, thought to be a mistake by a few close friends, did I know this is when the quest would drive forward.
Completed (5 of 7)
- Kilimanjaro: 19,340′, Africa – Summit June 2010
- Mt Elbrus: 18,510′, Europe – Summit July 2013
- Aconcagua: 22,841′, South America – Summit Jan 2015
- Denali: 20,320′, North America – Expedition to West Buttress Ridge 2011, Summit June 2016
- Kosciusko 7,313′, Australia – Summit Feb 2019
- Mt. Everest: 29,035′, Asia – Everest Base Camp & Lobuche East at 20,075 feet – Summit May 2017. Everest Summit TBA
- Vinson Massif: 16,067′, Antarctica – TBA after Everest
- Carstensz Pyramid: 16,023′, Oceania – TBA after Vinson Massif
US 50 Highpoints
The quest to summit the 50 highpoints in America was always deep in my spirit as I remember when 6 years old, staring at a needle point map of the states in my great grandma’s house . Many may summit the lesser peaks first to work toward the difficult later however the first three peaks were Rainier, Whitney and Denali completed in that order. Hard to believe but fewer have summited all 50 in the USA than the Seven Summits!
- Denali at 20,310 feet located in the Alaska Range of Alaska (2011 & 2016 Summit)
- Mount Whitney at 14,495 feet located in the Sierra Nevada of California (2014)
- Mount Rainier at 14,411 feet located in the Cascade Range of Washington (2009)
- Humphreys Peak at 12,633 feet located in the Colorado Plateau of Arizona (2018)
In the mountaineering world of the Western United States, a “fourteener” is a mountain peak with an elevation of at least 14,000 feet. When I graduated from Purdue University, I though Colorado would be the state for me but without any job offers in aerospace, I found myself heading the Seattle a few years later. Once I found myself in California 15 years later, I recently concluded I must have another “14er” quest. There are 15 “fourteeners” in the California, but only 12 which have at least 300 feet of topographic prominence which is usually the criteria. All but two, Mount Shasta and White Mountain Peak are located in the Sierra Nevada range.
What is your LifeMark?
Climbing mountains is where I feel most alive. It offers views beyond the horizon and the pride of achieving new adventures. When in the mountains, the countless hours and millions of steps test my ability; which require new skills to lead toward a deeper sense of myself.
Through my own experience, I have developed a progressive process to strive for my own personal perfection. Far from perfect, I ponder my past and how it has formed me to my current and future path of excellence. In each of our circles, all are different, but we deep down thirst for the same thing. Love and perfection in our lives.
- TRUST – Acceptance of the journey, both in times of brilliance and darkness.
- APPRECIATION – Gratitude and appreciation for what you have.
- STABILITY – Adding flow in your daily life, eliminating any waste.
- PRESENCE – Creating the right environment, listening to the world around you.
- GROWTH – Seeing the path for a balanced mind, body and spirit.
- PEACE – Centered, doing the things you were meant to do.
- PERFECTION – Never ending quest of your life purpose.
My hopes with this book is to inspire one to search and discover their life passion no matter what it might be. We get caught up in the next promotion, life’s day-to-day pressures or our family requirements. Most of the time, civilization distracts us from our true desires.
Adventure Recognition Program
Our Adventure Recognition Program is specifically for the guiding industry. With our engraving capabilities, we offer customized benchmarks for a specific climb or event. They are the perfect keepsake for your clients, while promoting your companies mission to be handed out at post event celebrations.
Our mission is to offer benchmark customization with our laser and deep engraving capabilities for stainless, pewter, brass and bronze. We also offer pewter casting for larger programs which a single design is made or a design that leaves room for a information to be added as required such as name and date. Contact us today for details and pricing.
“On Route and Safe Travels!”
If we can answer any questions, send us a email at firstname.lastname@example.org.